The 3D animation course is an occupational & vocational training programme that is structured to train Learners the skills to work in post-production, design sound, capture motion, visualise in 3D space, put ideas down visually (draw) on paper or computer, operate software packages, follow and assess storyboard instructions, plan workflow, manage themselves in larger projects, manage electronic files, model characters, create light and texture, animate by adding motion, composite and render, work in teams, and rig models.
Learners will attain knowledge about the history of animation, forms, styles and technology, characterisation and storyboarding, the production process (modelling, texturing and lighting, animation and motion, compositing and rendering), types of outputs, procedures for storyboarding, conceptualising, copyright, intellectual property, editing principles, film/video/camera language and cinematography, scripting language, operating systems, Internet, hardware, resources, and health hazards related to computer use.
- Manage electronic files and data safely, securely and according to specified requirements.
- Analyse requirements for 3D animation processes based on given specifications and existing reference material.
- Develop creative elements according to specification using existing digital data.
- Market own 3D animation and visual effects produced for specific purposes.
- Evaluate 3D animation and visual effects against specified requirements.
- Manage 3D animation production according to specified requirements.
- Digital compositing
- 3D texturing
- 3D rigging
- 3D lighting
- Visual effects, and lighting theory and techniques
- Film theory
- Full Time
- Part Time
- Distance Learning
- Full-Time Study: Monday to Friday (20hours per week)
- Part-Time Study: Saturdays Only (4 Hours)
- Full-Time Study: 18 months
- Part-Time Study: 2years
- Grade 12 or an NQF level 3
- Computer literacy
- English language (spoken and written)
Revolution Media Academy does not charge for Application Fee. The following Processes are followed when enroling with us.
- 1. You submit your application
- 2. We give an acceptance letter or feedback on your Application
- 3. You accept the offer and make payment according to your payment options.
The Institution provides various monthly instalment options on all long format courses. Select your preferred monthly payment option during registration. Monthly instalment options include interest.
- Study Guides are included in the Tuition Fee
- The course is presented but (not limited) on the latest version of “Logic Pro X” and “Cubase” Digital Audio Workstation Software.
- In order to work remotely as well, it is recommended that students obtain their own licenses of the primary software platforms.
- Registered students qualify for up to 50% student discount on software and hardware.