The Sound Technology Program is structured to train Learners as an effective Sound Engineer, Music Business Professionals in an entry-level recording engineer, live sound engineer, studio manager, studio owner music business manager in the audio industry. such as commercial recording and post-production studios, as well as live sound events or record company professional.
- Full Time
- Part Time
- Distance Learning
- Full-Time Study: Monday to Friday (20hours per week)
- Part-Time Study: Saturdays Only (4 Hours)
- Full-Time Study: 18 months
- Part-Time Study: 2years
- Music Business and style N4-N6
- Arranging and production N4-N6
- Electronic music and keyboard technique N4-N6
- Sound engineering N4-N6
- Manage a studio for routine operations
- Prepare for Sound Engineering for productions
- Set up, test and maintain sound equipment
- Engineer sound for productions
- Plan sound productions to ensure optimal use of resources
- Engineer sound for recordings and productions
- Grade 12 or an NQF level 3
- Computer literacy
- English language (spoken and written)
- Music aptitude
- Text Books are included in the Tuition Fee
- The course is presented but (not limited) on the latest version of “Logic Pro X” and “Cubase” Digital Audio Workstation Software.
- In order to work remotely as well, it is recommended that students obtain their own licenses of the primary software platforms.
- Registered students qualify for up to 50% student discount on software and hardware.