The Sound Operator Training Program is intended to provide students with the information and training they need to function as professional Sound Operators in a variety of contexts, such as live performances, recorded productions, and broadcast events. This in-depth course will teach you the fundamentals of audio engineering, including how to set up your recording equipment, different recording methods, sound editing, mixing, enhancement, and amplification, as well as basic equipment maintenance. In addition, students will get fundamental training in business management to assist them in the growth of their careers in the linked world of electronic media.
- 12 Month Full Time
- 18 Month Part time
The Learner will be subjected to both internal and external assessment. Internal assessments will encompass formative, summative, and workplace assessments. And upon successfully completing the comprehensive external summative assessment, learners will qualify for certification. The certification will be granted by the QCTO, affirming that the learner has attained the necessary competencies and is officially recognized as a qualified Sound Operator.
- Sound Assistants: Entry-level positions in the sound industry, supporting senior operators.
- Junior Sound Technicians: Intermediate level, responsible for operating and troubleshooting audio equipment.
- Sound Technicians: Experienced professionals proficient in recording, editing, mixing, and amplifying sound.
- Professional Designation Pathway: Qualifying learners meet the educational requirements for accessing professional designations from SACIA.
- Increases employability and job opportunities in the sound industry.
- Provides students with crucial business skills for freelancing or starting your own businesses.
- Allows for the decentralized development of audio abilities while simultaneously supporting the equal distribution of knowledge throughout the nation.
- Contributes to the reduction of unemployment rates and helps maintain a steady flow of job opportunities for media organizations.
- Serves as a connection point for the Film, Television, and Multimedia sub-sectors, so opening up further chances for entrance and expansion in the industry.
- Completes the necessary coursework to qualify for professional certifications offered by the South African Communications Industry Association (SACIA).
To enroll, simply apply online. There is no application fee required. However, upon acceptance, you will need to make a deposit payment or adhere to your designated payment plan.
Want to know more about our programme offering?
Frequently Asked Questions
Certainly! If you have some prior experience but don’t have a certificate, you can still enroll in the course. Previous experience can be valuable, and our course is designed to accommodate learners with different levels of expertise. Whether you’re a beginner or have some background in sound operations, we welcome you to join and enhance your skills. Enroll now to take advantage of the course and advance your knowledge in sound engineering!
Distance learning is not offered for this course.
No, we are a private institution and NSFAS does not fund private intuition. Check our https://www.fundi.co.za/ a leading education finance provider that can assist you with fees funding or loans.
Certainly! You have the option to join the course with or without a matric certificate. We extend a warm welcome to students with prior experience in sound engineering who are looking to consolidate and advance their education.