This Qualification provides you with the necessary competence to enter the film and television industry by ensuring that you understand the context and that you can function within the framework of film and television productions. In Level 4 (first year) learners will attain competence that will enable them to contribute in a meaningful way, through their use of the media, to the social and economic development of the nation at large through active participation in film and television production.
The Film & TV Course is Design to enable learners to obtain two different certificates by progressively Completing NQF level 4 & 5 either separately with breaks in between, or in one extended study period of 2years. The level 4 offers three electives (Sound recording, Camera & Editing) & Level 5 ensure more advance specialist competence in all the disciplines related to film and television production, including camera, lighting, vision control, vision mixing, editing, recording, sound and captioning.e.t.
Level 4 (Year 1) Exit Outcomes
- Manage own film or television production activities.
- Deliver customer service with respect to all film or television production stakeholders.
- Administer film or television production office procedures according to organisation standards.
- Gather and process information for film or television production specialisations.
- Source film or television production resources for film or television production operations.
- Use equipment, materials and tools in an area of film or television production specialisation.
- Fulfil specific roles within film and television production teams.
Level 5 (Year 2) Exit Outcomes
- Organising and managing information about film or television production activities according to specified requirements.
- Determining film or television resource requirements for specific production processes.
- Planning film or television production activities to meet given requirements.
- Assessing film or television production processes against given quality requirements.
- Implementing film or television production processes as directed within an area of specialisation.
- Controlling film or television operations according to specified business principles.
Level 4 (Year 1) Modules
- Math Literacy
- Team Work and Time Management
- Sound Operations
- Apple Mancintosh Skills (Computer Tech)
- Basic Video Editing Skills
- Customer Care & Media Law
Level 5 (Year 2) Modules
- Team Work & Time Management
- Business Communications
- Media Law & Ethics
- Sound Recording & Design (Advanced) (*Nuendo Software)
- Camera Operations
- Video Editing (Advanced) Softwware Specific* Adobe Premiere
- Motion Graphics (Adobe After Effects)
- Vision Mixing
- Floor Managing & Directing
- Film & Tv Producing
- Full Time
- Part Time
- Distance Learning
- Full-Time Study: Monday to Friday (20hours per week)
- Part-Time Study: Saturdays Only (4 Hours)
- Full-Time Study: 1 year for each NQF Level
- Part-Time Study: 2years
- Grade 11 or an NQF level 3
- Computer literacy
- English language (spoken and written)
Revolution Media Academy does not charge for Application Fee. The following Processes are followed when enroling with us.
- 1. You submit your application
- 2. We give an acceptance letter or feedback on your Application
- 3. You accept the offer and make payment according to your payment options.
The Institution provides various monthly instalment options on all long format courses. Select your preferred monthly payment option during registration. Monthly instalment options include interest.
- Study Guides are included in the Tuition Fee
- The course is presented but (not limited) on the latest version of “Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro X, After Effect, Logic Pro X, Nuendo, ” and “Cubase” Digital Audio Workstation Software.
- In order to work remotely as well, it is recommended that students obtain their own licenses of the primary software platforms.
- Registered students qualify for up to 50% student discount on software and hardware.