The Studio work course is an occupational & vocational training programme that is structured to train Learners as an effective Sound & Music Professionals. This qualification is aimed at giving the learners technical, theoretical and practical knowledge required in the studio and the live environments.
The Design of this Studio Work qualification will enable learners to progressively obtain 3 different certificates by Completing N4, N5 and N6 in studio works either separately with breaks in between, or in one extended study period of 18months and then apply the theoretical knowledge and skills learned in the workplace for an extended period. This qualification enables the learners to be employed within the Music/Audio industry as Sound technicians, Music Producers and Studio Engineers.
- Manage a studio for routine operations
- Prepare for Sound Engineering for productions
- Set up, test and maintain sound equipment
- Engineer sound for productions
- Plan sound productions to ensure optimal use of resources
- Engineer sound for recordings and productions
- Music Business and style N4-N6
- Arranging and production N4-N6
- Electronic music and keyboard technique N4-N6
- Sound engineering N4-N6
- Full Time
- Part Time
- Distance Learning
- Full-Time Study: Monday to Friday (20hours per week)
- Part-Time Study: Saturdays Only (4 Hours)
- Full-Time Study: 18 months
- Part-Time Study: 2years
- Grade 12 or an NQF level 3
- Computer literacy
- English language (spoken and written)
- Music aptitude
Revolution Media Academy does not charge for Application Fee. The following Processes are followed when enroling with us.
- 1. You submit your application
- 2. We give an acceptance letter or feedback on your Application
- 3. You accept the offer and make payment according to your payment options.
The Institution provides various monthly instalment options on all long format courses. Select your preferred monthly payment option during registration. Monthly instalment options include interest.
- Study Guides are included in the Tuition Fee
- The course is presented but (not limited) on the latest version of “Logic Pro X” and “Cubase” Digital Audio Workstation Software.
- In order to work remotely as well, it is recommended that students obtain their own licenses of the primary software platforms.
- Registered students qualify for up to 50% student discount on software and hardware.
Not Sure what to study? Contact us below and a dedicated Student advisor will contact you. Please complete all fields.