The Radio Production at NQF Level 5 is generic across commercial, public and community service fIelds. The design of this programme is to accommodate radio programmes relevant to all audiences. The Qualification aims at enabling learners to be employable in all three sectors (public, commercial and community). Production, packaging, journalistic, content development are competencies required across all three tiers of broadcasting and the qualification will allow the competent learners to be employable in all sectors of radio not just community radio.
The Qualification will enable the learners to make value judgements; packaging calls for putting elements together in a unique and creative manner, producing calls for a process of research, conceiving ideas and actualising those ideas. This Qualification requires learners not just to make products but also to be able to develop content for radio broadcasts.
- Operating within legislative frameworks within radio sector
- Building a resource network for radio production
- Generating and pitching ideas for broadcast
- Writing scripts for radio
- Producing “live” and “studio recorded” programs
- Editing and multi track mixing
- Presenting radio shows
- Interview guests, panels and content providers
- Technical Operations
- Technical Practice
- Script Writing
- Broadcasting Techniques
- Full Time
- Part Time
- Distance Learning
- Full-Time Study: Monday to Friday (20hours per week)
- Part-Time Study: Saturdays Only (4 Hours)
- Full-Time Study: 18 months
- Part-Time Study: 2years
- Grade 12 or an NQF level 3
- Computer literacy
- English language (spoken and written)
Revolution Media Academy does not charge for Application Fee. The following Processes are followed when enroling with us.
- 1. You submit your application
- 2. We give an acceptance letter or feedback on your Application
- 3. You accept the offer and make payment according to your payment options.
The Institution provides various monthly instalment options on all long format courses. Select your preferred monthly payment option during registration. Monthly instalment options include interest.
- Study Guides are included in the Tuition Fee
- The course is presented but (not limited) on the latest version of “Logic Pro X” and “Cubase” Digital Audio Workstation Software.
- In order to work remotely as well, it is recommended that students obtain their own licenses of the primary software platforms.
- Registered students qualify for up to 50% student discount on software and hardware.