This comprehensive qualification is designed to equip learners with the essential skills needed to excel as a Journalist. Aspiring journalists will master the art of originating and pitching content ideas, meticulously collecting and analyzing information for journalistic purposes, and crafting and delivering compelling content across a diverse range of media platforms and formats. Throughout this course, participants will gain the expertise necessary to thrive in the dynamic world of journalism, becoming adept storytellers across various media outlets.
- 12 Month Full Time
- 18 Month Part time
The Learner will be subjected to both internal and external assessment. Internal assessments will encompass formative, summative, and workplace assessments. And upon successfully completing the comprehensive external summative assessment, learners will qualify for certification. The certification will be granted by the QCTO, affirming that the learner has attained the necessary competencies and is officially recognized as a qualified Sound Operator.
News Reporter: Keep the public informed by covering local, national, or international events across various beats such as politics, business, health, and more.
Feature Writer: Craft in-depth stories that provide insight into human interest topics, cultural trends, and thought-provoking narratives.
Investigative Journalist: Uncover hidden truths and expose corruption through in-depth research and impactful reporting.
Editor: Oversee and shape the content of publications by managing writers, ensuring accuracy, and maintaining editorial standards.
Broadcast Journalist: Present news and stories on television or radio, combining verbal communication with visuals or audio.
Digital Content Creator: Produce engaging content for online platforms, including articles, videos, podcasts, and interactive multimedia pieces.
Columnist or Opinion Writer: Share your unique perspective and commentary on current events, trends, and social issues.
Freelance Journalist: Work independently, contributing to various media outlets on a per-assignment basis, giving you flexibility and varied experiences.
Photojournalist or Videographer: Use visual storytelling to capture and convey news events, human experiences, and impactful moments.
Foreign Correspondent: Report on international events and trends from different regions, offering global insights to audiences.
Content Strategist: Collaborate with brands and organizations to develop engaging and relevant content that resonates with their target audiences.
Media Relations Specialist: Work with public relations teams or government agencies to manage media inquiries, craft press releases, and maintain relationships with journalists.
- Nationally Recognized Qualification: Achieve a respected qualification that enhances your current competencies and paves the way for future growth and opportunities.
- Real-World Readiness: Whether you’re entering the field or transitioning from school or college, our hands-on approach prepares you for the dynamic challenges of the newsroom.
- Versatility Across Platforms: Acquire the expertise to thrive in diverse journalistic environments – from radio and television to print and online – and master content creation in various formats.
- Dynamic Skillset for Modern Journalism: Our program acknowledges the evolving media landscape by integrating multimedia platforms, ensuring you’re well-prepared for the demands of converged newsrooms.
- Empowerment Through Information: Journalism equips you to play a pivotal role in society, keeping the public informed about critical developments, events, and issues that shape lives.
- Industry Relevance: Our curriculum aligns with industry standards, ensuring you receive high-quality training that directly meets the demands of modern journalism.
To enroll, simply apply online. There is no application fee required. However, upon acceptance, you will need to make a deposit payment or adhere to your designated payment plan.
Want to know more about our programme offering?
Frequently Asked Questions
Certainly! If you have some prior experience but don’t have a certificate, you can still enroll in the course. Previous experience can be valuable, and our course is designed to accommodate learners with different levels of expertise. Whether you’re a beginner or have some background in sound operations, we welcome you to join and enhance your skills. Enroll now to take advantage of the course and advance your knowledge in sound engineering!
Distance learning is not offered for this course.
No, we are a private institution and NSFAS does not fund private intuition. Check our https://www.fundi.co.za/ a leading education finance provider that can assist you with fees funding or loans.
Certainly! You have the option to join the course with or without a matric certificate. We extend a warm welcome to students with prior experience in sound engineering who are looking to consolidate and advance their education.